The importance of doula work
A doula is a trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to a mother before, during, and shortly after childbirth. The purpose of a doula is to help women have a safe, memorable, and empowering birthing experience. They offer non-medical support and companionship, guiding mothers through various labor positions, breathing techniques, and providing reassurance and comfort.
**Benefits of a Doula:**
1. **Reduced Labor Duration and Complications:** Studies have shown that the presence of a doula can reduce the length of labor and decrease the need for interventions such as cesarean sections or the use of forceps and vacuum extractions.
2. **Enhanced Mother-Baby Bonding:** Doulas facilitate early bonding experiences between mother and baby, encouraging skin-to-skin contact and breastfeeding support.
3. **Emotional and Psychological Support:** Doulas offer invaluable emotional reassurance, reducing anxiety and fear during childbirth, which can lead to a more positive birth experience.
4. **Improved Postpartum Recovery:** Mothers supported by doulas often report smoother postpartum recovery, both physically and emotionally.
**Statistics Highlighting the Impact of Doulas:**
– A study found that women who received continuous support from a doula were 28% less likely to have a cesarean section.
– Mothers accompanied by a doula reported a higher level of satisfaction with their childbirth experience.
– The use of doulas was associated with a significant reduction in the use of any medications for pain relief during labor.
– There was a 31% decrease in the use of Pitocin, a medication used to induce labor, among women who had the support of a doula.
In summary, doulas play a crucial role in enhancing the childbirth experience, offering benefits that impact not only the physical well-being of the mother but also her emotional and psychological health, leading to better outcomes for both mother and child.
Let’s discuss packages!
Offered Services & custom Packages
We offer an array of services for you for we believe that there is no such things as one size fits all! Every woman and family has different needs & desires.
It is best to bring on the support of a doula as soon as you find out you are pregnant. This will ensure a bond is built and that you can begin educating and informing yourself with ease and plenty of time prior to your due date.
Doulas can be of support in many areas and can also be postpartum doulas with the exception of coming to your home and caring for your newborn. Our Doulas provide child-birth education, assist you with implementing the recommendations of your health-care provider, and provide resources to aid you.
A postpartum specialist is like a doula but only offers mental-emotional support and integration of baby into your life. Our postpartum specialist will also provide services in placenta encapsulation, smoothie, or tincture.